The History of Joseph Ambler Inn
The Joseph Ambler Inn is the result of decades of work and vision by owner Richard Allman and his dedicated staff. Welcoming its first guests in 1983, the Inn has transitioned from a small bed and breakfast to a 52 room luxury hotel and highly acclaimed restaurant, spread throughout five historic buildings.
The Farmhouse dates to 1734 and houses 9 guestrooms. Country chic common areas on the first floor are perfect for private events. The home’s original well has been lovingly restored, and there’s a covered patio for outside enjoyment.
The Stone Bank Barn was constructed in 1820, and now features 13 guestrooms as well as the Restaurant, JPub and Reception/Banquet rooms.
The Corybeck, originally a tenant farmer’s cottage built in 1929, comprises 5 studio guestrooms, a great option for extended stays.
The Thomas Wilson House
The Thomas Wilson House, built in 1853, was moved to the property in 1997 from one mile away and meticulously restored. It is now home to 10 guestrooms and a first floor conference room. Two of our wedding lounges are also in this building. This house is a favorite for corporate guests and wedding groups.
The John Roberts House
The John Roberts House was originally built in 1794 and moved to the property in 2003 from two miles away, an engineering feat that took 16 hours. It now includes 15 guestrooms, most with spa tubs, as well as one of our wedding lounges. The living room and dining room spaces are excellent options for business meetings, cocktail receptions or private dinner parties.